Re: Building .so files only.

From: Tom Howard
Subject: Re: Building .so files only.
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:14:35 +1000

Hi,

On Thursday 28 August 2003 16:08, Schleicher Ralph (LLI) wrote:
> > So by patching my libtool I should be able to put the -shared flag in my
> > AM_LDFLAGS for the Makefile.am and only get the shared.so file right?
>
> Yes, but it makes sense adding it to CFLAGS, too.

Sorry if I'm being dense, but (after reading the referenced messages) I don't
understand why using the -shared flag will only produce the a .so file.
Won't it still produce a .so.X, .so.X.X.X and .la files as well?  Or have I
misunderstood the original question and Stephen is simply trying to prevent
the .a file from being created?

Tom Howard