RE: Building .so files only.

From: Schleicher Ralph (LLI)
Subject: RE: Building .so files only.
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:41:46 +0200

Tom Howard writes:

> That's my point.  My understanding of Stephen problem is that he doesn't want
> to build/install the companion files.
[...]
> So in his situation, patching libtool and using -shared isn't really going to
> solve his problem.  Correct?

As already pointed out by Daniel Reed, -avoid-version gets rid of
the version number and associated files.  At present (libtool 1.5),
the only clean way to not install libtool companion files (or static
libraries) is to remove them after they got installed, e.g., via
Automake's install-exec-hook.

--
Ralph