RE: Compiling 32-bit code on 64-bit HP-UX

From: Boehne, Robert
Subject: RE: Compiling 32-bit code on 64-bit HP-UX
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:45:29 -0500

Martin,

Ok, it sounds like the problem is that Libtool/config.guess/? is using
a C compiler to test certain things.  Because that is the case, you
may also need to set CC, CFLAGS & CPPFLAGS as appropriate.  The reason
I suggest setting +DA in CXXCPPFLAGS is that "+DA2.0w" will cause __LP64__
to be defined.  IIRC, we had a suggestion to change this very thing in the
past, we did, and it caused other problems so we reverted it.

HTH,

Robert