RE: Detecting availability of a shared libray

From: Boehne, Robert
Subject: RE: Detecting availability of a shared libray
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:55:20 -0500

Sander,

If you can ensure this check is done after the libtool script is created,
you may be able to write a macro similar to AC_CHECK_LIB that uses a
shared library rather than an executable.  If it won't link, you can
assume that there isn't a shared version of the dependent library.
If this test fails, but AC_CHECK_LIB doesn't, then you only have a
static lib.

HTH,

Robert