Re: only static libraries created

From: Bernhard Rumpler
Subject: Re: only static libraries created
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:09:59 +0200 (METDST)

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Guido Draheim wrote:
> address@hidden wrote:
> > *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive
> > c:/libpath/lib/libfoo.la.
>
> How did you do that? -- guido

Since libtool on cygwin usually generates unix/cygwin-style paths
(starting with /cygdrive/[...]), MinGW-gcc was not able to link some of
the newly generated libraries (.a). That's why I modified the respective
.la file of the library and set 'libdir' to the correct path of the
library file (and installed to 'yes'). Otherwise I was not able to
proceed.

Bernhard