Re: Version numbering

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: Version numbering
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:32:49 +0100

On Monday, September 29, 2003, at 04:51  pm, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:

letters for CVS revisions, and "even" letters for alpha releases.

Bumping the number to the next planned release level seems like the
usual practice to me.

And that's why people find our version scheme confusing. I'm not sure how we ended up working in this way, I think we copied it from Automake? Anyhow, I'm fed up of having to explain it, when we could just make it intuitive :-)

Okay, I'll write it up to follow the new scheme, and then bump the version on HEAD to 1.6a.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
  ())_. Gary V. Vaughan     gary@(oranda.demon.co.uk|gnu.org)