AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN doesn't add -ldl to any LIBS?

From: Kevin P. Fleming
Subject: AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN doesn't add -ldl to any LIBS?
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 07:52:27 -0700

My configure.ac uses AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN (among many other macros :-), and this works fine. However, this macro does not seem to record its results so that the proper dynamic loader library (if one is needed) is added to the link commands.

As it stands today, I'm adding the contents of $lt_cv_dlopen_libs to LIBS, and that works, but I'm thinking that relying on the value of an internal macro variable like that is not the best solution. Any better ideas out there?