Re: How to know what modules were dlpreopen-ed?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: How to know what modules were dlpreopen-ed?
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:23:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:

> lt_dlforeach already calls a user function for each loaded module, perhaps all
> that is needed is:
>
>      int lt_dlispreload (lt_dlhandle handle);
>
> lt_dlforeachfile can be used to load the modules in the path (be they
> preloaded or dynamic).  I can't really think of a reason why you would want to
> treat a preloaded module differently than a runtime loaded module, and we went
> to some lengths to hide the differences at the API level.

I believe the default libltdl search path is quite broad.  Attempting
to load anything that looks like a module in the libltdl search path
may lead to unexpected errors/warnings (due to loading shared libs &
modules not part of the application) unless the libltdl user has
carefully narrowed the search path to only look in a particular
directory.

For the application I support, we use our own directory scanner to
look for modules (.la files) to load via a fully-qualified path.  It
would be useful if this capability was included as part of libltdl.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden