Re: libtool finds the wrong freetype?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: libtool finds the wrong freetype?
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:24:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:
> I'm trying to compile Dia on a (fairly old) RedHat machine, and I'm
> running into a problem with libtool apparently not finding the right
> libfreetype.  I have most of the required libraries installing in $HOME

Make sure that this problem is not due to a non-libtool issue.  I
believe that any 'pkg-config' support for FreeType is a relatively
recent event.  The traditional approach is obtain configuration
parameters from a 'freetype-config' script.  The 'freetype-config'
script used will depend on the ordering of your PATH.

Also, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not a configure option.  You should be using
LDFLAGS to tell configure where to search for libraries.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH has to do with locating libraries at run-time rather
than at link-time.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden