Re: libtool 1.5 tag woes

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: libtool 1.5 tag woes
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:44:52 +0100

> Does this help?
> AC_LIBTOOL_TAGS([])

That's only in CVS (actually, I checked and it is not in 1.5, so it must be
in CVS).

I don't see it that bad that C is not a proper tag, actually.

It would also be good if enable_shared and enable_static became proper tag
variables instead of globals.  BTW, the October patch for -shared
and -static handling (which I just noted) is a complete duplicate of the
special tags disable-shared and disable-static.  It should be reverted IMO,
it is just featurism.  When *I* proposed such a change (with no attached
patch, granted :-) I was told to use the multi-language branch instead.

Paolo