Re: bootstrapping CVS libtool

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: bootstrapping CVS libtool
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 19:32:00 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> What package releases will be required to support the forthcoming
> libtool release?

Thanks to Gary's 'make dist' fix, I was able to make a test libtool
distribution under FreeBSD using the latest CVS autoconf and automake.
I then extracted this package on a Solaris system that has Autoconf
2.58 and automake 1.7.9 installed and executed the libtool test suite.
Only one out of 98 tests failed.  This is good news since it means
that libtool works fine with released autoconf and automake.

However, there does appear to be an install bug:

mkdir -m 0755 -p -- /usr/local/share/libtool/libltdl
cp: cannot create /usr/local/share/libtool/libltdl/./../m4/libtool.m4: No such
file or directory
cp: cannot create /usr/local/share/libtool/libltdl/./../m4/ltdl.m4: No such
file or directory

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden