Must libtool pass -soname to linker or the libtool caller must specify -

From: Nedko Arnaudov
Subject: Must libtool pass -soname to linker or the libtool caller must specify -soname.
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 14:46:43 +0200

The problem is that when I link library that has not linked with -soname
option the resulting executable contains absolute relative the path to
library. This causes executable to fail to load the library when
executing it from current directory different from one that was current
when executable was built. I'm using libtool 1.5 and running it on
OpenBSD 3.4 box. What is the right thing to do, patch libtool to pass
-soname or specify it as link option in libxxx_la_LDFLAGS in Makefile.am
of the project ?

--
Nedko Arnaudov