--tag=TAG in libtool 1.5.2

From: Lon Canaday
Subject: --tag=TAG in libtool 1.5.2
Date: 18 Feb 2004 10:24:37 -0800

When I try to use libtool
   (  libtool --mode=compile gcc-3.2 -c -o chm_lib.lo chm_lib.c -DCHM_MT -DCHM_USE_PREAD -DCHM_USE_IO64 -g -DDMALLOC_DISABLE  )

I get error messages saying that I need to specify a tag with --tag.  However, I find absolutely no mention of --tag in the info page or the online documentation.  There is a very brief reference in libtool --help but not enough to work with.  How do I use this feature?

Thanks,

Lon