Re: libtool-1.5.2 searches /usr/lib before -L<dir>

From: Kevin P. Fleming
Subject: Re: libtool-1.5.2 searches /usr/lib before -L<dir>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:24:39 -0700

Pieter Grimmerink wrote:

So I removed the .la script belonging to my library in /usr/lib, libtool does not find it anymore, and now it works.

Are you saying there was a .la file in /usr/lib for a library that is _not_ in /usr/lib? Or are there multiple versions of this library on the system, one in /usr/lib and one elsewhere?