Re: libtool-1.5.2 searches /usr/lib before -L<dir>

From: Pieter Grimmerink
Subject: Re: libtool-1.5.2 searches /usr/lib before -L<dir>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 11:31:09 +0100

On Saturday 21 February 2004 02:24, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Pieter Grimmerink wrote:
> > So I removed the .la script belonging to my library in /usr/lib, libtool
> > does not find it anymore, and now it works.
>
> Are you saying there was a .la file in /usr/lib for a library that is
> _not_ in /usr/lib? Or are there multiple versions of this library on the
> system, one in /usr/lib and one elsewhere?

There are multiple versions of this library, one in /usr/lib (with a .la
file), and one elsewhere, without a .la file.
I need the one elsewhere, because I'm crosscompiling.
I know I should probably try what happens when both have a .la file, but the
second one was not built with libtool, it's a stripped down version for an
embedded target.

Regards,

Pieter