Re: more on serial

From: Scott James Remnant
Subject: Re: more on serial
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 03:34:12 +0000

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 22:23, Patrick Welche wrote:

> LT_INIT is defined using AC_DEFUN_ONCE. There is no documentation for
> this macro in autoconf.texi, and aclocal doesn't know about it, or at
> least, it doesn't pick up the fact that as LT_INIT appears in configure.ac,
> it should include m4/libtool.m4. (s/AC_DEFUN_ONCE/AC_DEFUN/ changes this)

Yeah, it's certainly not a documented Autoconf macro and aclocal doesn't
pick it up.  This is causing our test suite to fail at the moment,
because the call to LT_INIT gets placed raw in the output configure
script.

Gary, why AC_DEFUN_ONCE ?

> The other thing is libtool.m4 has:
>
> AC_REQUIRE([LTOPTIONS_VERSION])dnl
>
> but I don't see that defined anywhere...

It's in m4/ltoptions.m4:

# This is to help aclocal find these macros, as it can't see m4_define.
AC_DEFUN([LTOPTIONS_VERSION], [m4_if([1])])

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?