about libtool's trace interface for tags

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: about libtool's trace interface for tags
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:39:14 +0200

Is it done or is there any obstacle to it?  I'm dreaming about
Automake 1.9, and if possible I would like to include support
for this.

All we need is a (preferably documented) way to --trace for the
list of tags that will be understood by the configure-generated
libtool script.

(I think it would make sense to document it because it might be
useful to other tools, and this will likely reduce the odds of
breakages, e.g., when renaming internal symbols.)
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz