Re: Problem with /.libs/.libs/ during link

From: Dan S. Camper
Subject: Re: Problem with /.libs/.libs/ during link
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 07:47:43 -0500

In our last episode, on 4/28/04 6:48 PM, Peter O'Gorman (address@hidden)
said something like:

> Dan S. Camper wrote:
>

>> Oh yes:  The libtool I'm using is:
>>
>> #: ./libtool --version
>> ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5 (1.1220 2003/04/05 19:32:58)
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> Libtool-1.5.6 may fix this problem, please try it.
>
> Peter

I just updated one of my systems to libtool 1.5.6, ran libtoolize to ensure
that the support files in my conftools/ subdirectory were updated, then
executed autoheader, autoconf, 'make distclean' and ./configure to bring
everything back to square one.  Unfortunately, the problem still exists (and
is identical).

This problem of /.libs/.libs/ showing up on the link line seems to date back
to 2000, at least according to Google.  In many cases it was dismissed as
someone adding -L./.libs or something to the link command, or otherwise
manually futzing with the libtool commands.  I'm not doing that here.

I tried looking through the libtool script and, frankly, I needed to lay
down afterwards.  That made my head hurt.

DSC

Dan S. Camper                                         Borrowed Time, Inc.
Software Thaumaturge                                   http://www.bti.net