Re: hardcode_into_libs and Tru64 UNIX

From: Tim Mooney
Subject: Re: hardcode_into_libs and Tru64 UNIX
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:36:27 -0500 (CDT)

In regard to: Re: hardcode_into_libs and Tru64 UNIX, Peter O'Gorman said...:

Tim Mooney wrote:

Anyone know if the reversion to hardcode_into_libs=no was an intentional
change, and if so what the reasoning was?

I have no idea, and a quick ChangeLog grep was not enlightening. If you feel like posting a patch with ChangeLog entry to -patches I'll apply it.

I would be willing to do that, but libtool 1.5.6 with
hardcode_into_libs=no passes all 101 test on Tru64 UNIX 5.1b.  libtool
1.5.6 with hardcode_into_libs=yes fails 2 of 97 tests, and skips 4 others.
I haven't had a chance to look at what that's happening.  The tests are:

FAIL: demo-make.test
SKIP: demo-exec.test
SKIP: demo-inst.test

FAIL: pdemo-make.test
SKIP: pdemo-exec.test
SKIP: pdemo-inst.test

Until I have a chance to look at what's going on, I don't want to submit
a patch that I know will cause regressions in the test suite.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              address@hidden