ImageMagick on OpenBSD

From: Jacob Meuser
Subject: ImageMagick on OpenBSD
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 00:22:33 -0700

Hi,

I've compiled ImageMagick-5.5.7-15 (any newer version is totally broken
because of automake) on OpenBSD.  However, libMagick++ is busted.

When running the regression tests, all test programs linked with
libMagick++ report:

can't load library '--library=gcc'

$ strings /usr/local/lib/libMagick++.so.6.0 | grep library
--library=gcc

This '--library=gcc' shouldn't be there ... there's no libgcc.so
anywhere on the system.

I thought I had fixed this, by patching libtool to remove any '-lgcc',
and libtool now does not warn that it cannot find a shared libgcc.

I've grepped the ImageMagick sources and not found any '-lgcc' in any
Makefile, or even in any libtool or other autotool files (except in
comments).

So, where does this '--library=gcc' come from?  How can I avoid it?

--
<address@hidden>