RE: Linking against indirect dependencies

From: Howard Chu
Subject: RE: Linking against indirect dependencies
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 14:06:10 -0700

I come across this situation from time to time, and I've had to just manually
create an archive of PIC object files so that it can be linked into the shared
library. Generally a PIC static library is usable in static executables as
well, as long as *something* (e.g. libc) was dynamically linked (thus forcing
the PLT or whatever dynamic init code to be present).

  -- Howard Chu