Re: Creating .la files from existing libraries

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Creating .la files from existing libraries
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:01:08 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, James Bigler wrote:

OK, I can hack the file then. I was just wondering if there was a way to do it without hacking it myself.

Emacs libtool .la mode?

Bob

Thanks for the help!
James

Jacob Meuser wrote:
On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 04:24:12PM -0600, James Bigler wrote:

That's OK.  So do you know how to create a .la file from a .so?

Not without hacking ;)  But it's only for one library, so it shouldn't
take too long.

It should be essentially like the other .la files.

Say you're looking at a libfoo.la file that came from the same source
as the libGL.so.  Change every instance of 'libfoo' to 'libGL' ;)

That's not very exact, of course, but that should get you started.