Re: Convenieve libraries and applications.

From: Howard Chu
Subject: Re: Convenieve libraries and applications.
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:07:37 -0700

Carlo Wood wrote:

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 06:00:00PM -0700, Jacob Meuser wrote:
On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 05:49:29PM -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
I think this is what the -export-dynamic flag is for.

I do believe that exports symbols from a shared lib.  He has static libs.

It should also export symbols from an application. That or -dlopen-self is usually needed. I use -export-dynamic when building OpenLDAP, for similar reasons (various static libraries that are needed by dynamic modules that slapd loads).

I think this is a bug, because clearly an application that dlopen's
other libraries is no different from shared libraries in this regard:
you want all symbols to be export just as well.
--
  -- Howard Chu