Re: libtool 1.5.8 on Solaris 8

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: libtool 1.5.8 on Solaris 8
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:25:41 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Jacob Meuser wrote:

After a long time playing arround I solved my two problems as follow:

1.- Multiple Inclusion: comment out line 'postdeps="-lstdc++ -lm -lgcc_s
-lgcc_s" ' from /usr/local/binlibtool .

this is because libtool tries to second guess the C++ compiler.

I bet it would work if output_verbose_link_cmd='echo'.

what is the use/need for this anyway, to see what the compiler will
add on it's own, and then add that explicitly?

For a long time libtool linked C++ using the system linker. This support was necessary then. Perhaps it is no longer needed?

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden