Libtool chooses static version of library instead of dynamic?

From: Maarten Boekhold
Subject: Libtool chooses static version of library instead of dynamic?
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:12:58 +0400

Hi,

Under cygwin I have a Makefile.am that generates a 'libtool --mode=link' line that has references to libraries in it like "../libs/libxffm_calls.la". When gcc is invoked, this is translated into "../libs/.libs/libxffm_calls.dll.a", i.e. libtool chooses the *static* version of the library to link against.

Is there any way I can force it to choose the dynamic library instead?

(inside the Makefile.am, this library is included in the LDADD part of the binary as '$(top_builddir)/libs/libxffm_calls.la')

Maarten