Re: libtool and /usr/local/lib

From: Geoff
Subject: Re: libtool and /usr/local/lib
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:02:16 +0100

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:47:53 -0500 (CDT)
Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>

> Unknowledgable is not the same as unintelligent.

Thank-you for saving my blushes.

> For
> example, the user was not aware that there was a libxml2
> under the /usr/X11R6 tree as well as under the /usr/lib
> tree.  LibMagick was apparently built and tested with the
> libxml2 under /usr/X11R6.

I may be exposing more ignorance here, but that is not what
I meant.  At least in my case it seems (am I wrong?), that
LibMagick was built with the libxml2 which was
originally under/usr/lib. Thus my
/usr/X11R6/lib/libMagick.la has :

# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib -ltiff
/usr/lib/libfreetype.la -ljpeg -lpng /usr/lib/libexif.la
-ldpstk -ldps -lXt -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lbz2
/usr/lib/libxml2.la -lz -lpthread -lm -ldl'

This is the only libMagick.la on my system.

I appreciate that this does not affect the strength of your
argument in the abstract.

Geoff