Re: libtool and /usr/local/lib

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: libtool and /usr/local/lib
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:11:16 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Geoff wrote:
For
example, the user was not aware that there was a libxml2
under the /usr/X11R6 tree as well as under the /usr/lib
tree.  LibMagick was apparently built and tested with the
libxml2 under /usr/X11R6.

I may be exposing more ignorance here, but that is not what
I meant.  At least in my case it seems (am I wrong?), that
LibMagick was built with the libxml2 which was
originally under /usr/lib. Thus my

This does seem wrong. As the author of ImageMagick's configure script, I can tell you that the configure script uses settings from whatever xml2-config script is discovered via the executable search path so it is quite easy for a maintainer's environment to pick up and use the wrong libxml2. Feel free to blame that on bad design. :-(

This is worth reporting as a bug to your ImageMagick package maintainer.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden