Re: Any way to specify path for *.la files?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Any way to specify path for *.la files?
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:54:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, J.T. Conklin wrote:

I have a package with many (~75+) libraries that are built in multiple
(~3-4) subdirectories.

If I wasn't using automake/libtool, I'd use -L to add the library
directories to the linker path.  Is there an equivalent for finding
*.la files?  Adding and maintaining library relative prefixes isn't
very appealing.

Libtool will use -L arguments (similar to a linker) when it searches for .la files.

Since you using Automake, it is best to add library dependencies directly using LDADD since this ensures that the correct library is used, even for static linkage. Static libraries can be a problem if there is an existing installed shared library with the same name since system linkers normally choose the shared version.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden