Re: libtool 1.9f: generation of libtool script

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: libtool 1.9f: generation of libtool script
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:59:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Sander Niemeijer wrote:

So my question is, is there still a way for me to perform my autoconf test now that the libtool script creation step is moved? Is it maybe possible to create the libtool script before AC_OUTPUT and still use my current test? Or are there other ways for me to test linking against a shared library, by e.g. using some combination of lt* variables that are available in the configure script to perform a compilation and link step?

Been there, done that. After the libtool configure stage has completed in the configure.ac file, the variables $enabled_shared and $enable_static are set to 'yes' so you can use these variables directly rather than checking the output of libtool --config.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden