Re: TODO

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: TODO
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 16:49:04 +0100

* Gary V. Vaughan wrote on Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 04:37:38PM CET:
> Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> > 10. More testcases.  Faster test suite.  Please submit test cases for
> > stuff that does not work.
>
> I was thinking about this myself while working on Autotestifying things.
> I think there is a lot of room to build our testcases without resort to
> autoreconfing a whole project.  These tests are good too, but I think
> that a lot of the things we want to test are in libtool alone, so we
> ought to be able to write a Makefile that calls $(top_builddir)/libtool
> directly to perform various build tests in a source tree...
>
> I plan to tackle this as I rewrite the testsuite post-2.0.

Great.  While we're at the testsuite: the current HEAD new testsuite
does not source atconfig (at least in the VPATH case), so
$abs_top_builddir is not set, so $LIBTOOLIZE is bogus.  Do we need to
have the complicated setup where the Makefile generation rules for
`testsuite' are in the toplevel, but the testsuite dir is `tests'?
Also the results of $LIBTOOLIZE and autoreconf and configure in
AT_BOOTSTRAP are not checked (on purpose?).

Regards,