Re: TODO

From: Tor Lillqvist
Subject: Re: TODO
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:02:31 +0000

 > At first I thought that would be to absorb pkg-config's
 > functionality into libtool (to avoid duplication of code and
 > maintenance),

Just in case somebody still ponders this, please take into account
that pkg-config works even for people on Windows who use MSVC (the
command-line tools, not the IDE), with no libtool or Unix-like
functionality (shell scripts, Perl scripts) in sight at all. Not that
I know if any MSVC users who use for instance GTK actually use
pkg-config in their build process... it might be that pkg-config is
too Unixish for them. They probably prefer to hardcode paths into
makefiles.

--tml