Re: Trying to run 2.1a test suite

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Trying to run 2.1a test suite
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:05:16 +0100

Hi Jeff,

* Jeff Squyres wrote on Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 08:12:43PM CET:
> I'm working on the Portland Group compilers patch for both the libtool
> CVS HEAD and the 1-5 branch (both are attached), and as suggested, am
> trying to run the "make check" test suite against the CVS HEAD (it
> passes on the 1-5 branch).
>
> However, "make check" does not appear to be running properly at the
> head (or, more specifically, I can't get it to run right).  I've
> attached the testsuite.log.pgi and testsuite.log.gnu file to show what
> I mean (trying to use both the Portland and GNU compilers,
> respectively).  It seems like some paths are incorrect, and it can't
> find some subdirectories.

Yes.  The HEAD testsuite is somewhat borked at the moment.
The branch-2-0 testsuite, however, should be running just fine.
I hoped you would be using that (would have saved you some grief).

Now if you would just try to apply your HEAD patch to branch-2-0 and
the test suite doesn't complain, I'll commit your patches.  If you're
short on time, it should be sufficient to run all the f77* tests --
their behavior changed the most.  Report SKIPs as well as FAILs, please.

*snip*
> Both testsuite logs show the same kinds of failures.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?  (similar behavior occurs with gcc/g++/g77)

Nope, as far as I can tell.  We need to fix the HEAD testsuite.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,