Re: [support #100058] 1.4 - $buildir-path may not contain "~"

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: [support #100058] 1.4 - $buildir-path may not contain "~"
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 23:06:44 +0900

Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
Hi Peter,

Not meaning to seem overly pedantic, but could you enumerate the release(s)
you tested when you decided that it was safe to close this?

Also, it seems like it would a good item to put into TODO (when you summarise
the hideous TODO thread) that we should add a regression test to the new
testsuite for this condition.

I'm afraid of the TODO thread, every time I glance at it, I shudder :) But yes, I'll try and get a summary posted here this weekend, and then (hoping that the todo summary thread will be short) I'll commit it to TODO.

I fixed this particular bug with:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/libtool/libtool/Attic/ltmain.in.diff?r1=1.357&r2=1.358&search=None&hideattic=1>
It was later cleaned up a little and backported to branch-1-5 for Scott's 1.5.2 release.

Yes, it needs a testcase. I actually have a few testcases that I need to make.

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman - http://www.pogma.com