Re: [support #100058] 1.4 - $buildir-path may not contain "~"

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: [support #100058] 1.4 - $buildir-path may not contain "~"
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:36:20 +0000

Hi Peter!

<http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/libtool/libtool/Attic/ltmain.in.diff?r1=1.357&r2=1.358&search=None&hideattic=1>

> It was later cleaned up a little and backported to branch-1-5 for
> Scott's 1.5.2 release.

My bad.  I meant, could you put that in the notes against the support
request, not the mail thread.

>> Also, it seems like it would a good item to put into TODO (when you
>> summarise
>> the hideous TODO thread) that we should add a regression test to the new
>> testsuite for this condition.
>
> Yes, it needs a testcase. I actually have a few testcases that I need to
> make.

Cool.  It would be good to fill out TODO section 2.2 (testsuite) with a list
of missing test cases so that we don't forget them in the medium term.

> I'm afraid of the TODO thread, every time I glance at it, I shudder :)
> But yes, I'll try and get a summary posted here this weekend, and then
> (hoping that the todo summary thread will be short) I'll commit it to TODO.

Sorry about that... wasn't expecting it to blosom quite that much :-/

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
Gary V. Vaughan      ())_.  address@hidden,gnu.org}