Re: Relocatable libraries with libtool--can I do it?

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Relocatable libraries with libtool--can I do it?
Date: 25 Nov 2004 10:35:38 -0500

%% Noah Misch <address@hidden> writes:

  nm> Several individuals have communicated similar requirements here.
  nm> Some had partial workarounds you may find useful; check the
  nm> archives.

OK, I'll see what I can find.

  nm> Roughly.  The .la does not need to encode the $ROOT, but libtool
  nm> needs to know it when interpreting each .la on the build system.

Interesting.

  nm> I have a draft patch to do that.  If I find some free time, I will
  nm> finish it and post to libtool-patches.

OK.  I'll try to keep an eye out for it.

Thanks!

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools