Re: Darwin: interlib deps

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Darwin: interlib deps
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:21:56 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Akim Demaille wrote:

I'm not sure I understand how interlib deps are expected to work.
In a project of mine, I have several directories containing
libs.  For instance, in the ast/ directory I have the following
Makefile.am snippet:

noinst_LTLIBRARIES = libast.la
libast_la_SOURCES =                                     \
        position.hh location.hh                         \
        libast.hh libast.hxx libast.cc                  \
        tasks.hh tasks.cc

and to have interlib dependency support, I report that this
lib depends on three siblings: symbol, task, and misc:

libast_la_LDFLAGS = -L../symbol -lsymbol -L../task -ltask -L../misc -lmisc

It seems to me that you should be using LDADD rather than LDFLAGS here. If symbol and task are libtool libraries, then you would refer to them like:

libast_la_LIBADD=../symbol/libsymbol.la ../task/libtask.la \
  ../misc/libmisc.la

Does that help?

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn