Re: Darwin: interlib deps

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Darwin: interlib deps
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:26:54 +0100

Le 4 déc. 04, à 18:13, Bob Friesenhahn a écrit :

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Akim Demaille wrote:

Le 4 déc. 04, à 16:21, Bob Friesenhahn a écrit :

libast_la_LIBADD=../symbol/libsymbol.la ../task/libtask.la \
  ../misc/libmisc.la
Does that help?

But it results in libast containing all the other libraries.
I tried to avoid that.

I see. If you are interested in helping us get objects/targets in subdirectories working properly for libtool 2.0 then libtool 2.0 will be ready sooner, and you will be able to simply refer to the objects you are interested in as part of a comprehensive build. You would no longer need to use convenience libraries. Building would be faster, cleaner, and more accurate. Of course this approach requires that you are aware of the exact objects which need to be used since they would not be lumped together into a "library".

I was not aware this was an objective of Libtool 2.0.  Thanks for the
invitation, but I'm not used to hacking Libtool, and there are other
projects I should be working on :(

Anyway, I wanted to make sure I understood everything correctly.
Thanks for your help (and more generally thanks everybody for
Libtool!).