Re: Darwin: interlib deps

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Darwin: interlib deps
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 13:18:11 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Akim Demaille wrote:

I see. If you are interested in helping us get objects/targets in subdirectories working properly for libtool 2.0 then libtool 2.0 will be

I was not aware this was an objective of Libtool 2.0.  Thanks for the
invitation, but I'm not used to hacking Libtool, and there are other
projects I should be working on :(

A month ago it was not an objective of libtool 2.0, but it seems that I have convinced Gary that it should be. My argument was that libtool should support what Automake supports.

I don't think that libtool is far off since it does work with GCC. Target specific rules which refer to $objdir (== ".libs") to know where to read/write intermediate files (e.g. template instantiations) will need to be updated to refer to a different variable which is equivalent to "subdir/.libs".

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden