Re: libtoolize

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: libtoolize
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:10:24 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Patrick Welche wrote:

As to where the point the finger, I would say "libtoolize" as it doesn't
seem to be copying the .m4's from libtool-2.1a/m4, assuming that is what
it is still meant to do..

I am pretty sure that Gary backed out support for the libtool version-specific m4 directory. That would mean that your libtool-2.1a/m4 directory is now an orphan and should be manually removed. It is quite possible that inconsistencies remain (as you pointed out earlier).

I recommend discussing issues with unreleased libtool versions on the libtool-patches list since otherwise the discussions are confusing for those using a released libtool.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden