Re: predep_objects & postdep_objects with Intel 8.1

From: Ross Boylan
Subject: Re: predep_objects & postdep_objects with Intel 8.1
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:36:23 -0800

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 14:11, Gary Kumfert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm tracking down an issue between Intel 8.1 and libtool 1.5.10.
> It seems that libtool adds and crtbeginS.o crtendS.o files to
> the link line for shared libraries... then icpc does the same..
> then ld complains about multiply defined symbols!  Eeek!
Though I see your later note, I have one comment that might be relevant.
libtool needs to be generated for your specific configuration.  If you
created libtool (or got it from somewhere else), and then changed your
toolchain but not libtool, things could easily go wrong.  Particularly
if your toolchain has changed significantly.