Re: How do I get it to not inquire about C++ and g77?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: How do I get it to not inquire about C++ and g77?
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:27:35 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, Chris Ross wrote:

On Dec 24, 2004, at 12:03, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
This is a libtool 1.5.X "feature". The forthcoming libtool 2.0 provides a way to tell libtool which languages should be supported.

 So, that means there's no way to avoid this behaviour?  Would falling
back to libtool 1.4.x be at all useful, or would I lose too much for it to
be worth it?

Albert Chin posted a patch for 1.5.x about a year ago which allows selecting the languages to configure for. It should be available from the libtool-patches list archives. Unfortunately, then you would be using a modified libtool.

Even with the warts, it is likely best to use a 1.5.x release since libtool is continually updated for newer systems.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden