Re: libtool: unrecognized option `--tag=CC'

From: pete
Subject: Re: libtool: unrecognized option `--tag=CC'
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 07:07:48 -0500

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 13:02 +0100, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Please don't reply above quotes -- thank you.
>
> * pete wrote on Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:11:48PM CET:

> *snip*
> > >
> > > No.  `make' should not cause automake nor autoconf nor libtoolite to be
> > > called (unless you modified some source files, for example
> > > configure.in).
> >
> > removed directories, untarred package, ran the script
> > Still get the same error, I looked through the script to see if it
> > changes any files, it renames a bunch and moves the directories, but it
> > doesn't look like it edits the configure.in or anything.
>
> Please notify the package author about the broken setup.
>
> As a workaround, you can update ltmain.sh by running libtoolize with the
> appropriate options for the package before starting the script (your
> bugreport shows that the libtool m4 macros are updated by aclocal, so
> you don't have to deal with that).
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Hi Ralf,

Did that last night, libtoolize fixed the libtool problem.

Thanks, appreciate the help.

--Pete

PS: off topic

I know this isn't a libtool problem but maybe you can answer this. After
the compile I tried to load the new module:
#dmesg
ledxmit_dev: Unknown symbol copy_to_user
ledxmit_serial: Unknown symbol copy_from_user
ledxmit_serial: Unknown symbol ledxmit_unregister_plugin
ledxmit_serial: Unknown symbol ledxmit_register_plugin

--
pete <address@hidden>