Re: partial linking

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: partial linking
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:03:35 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

[ reply to two bug reports ]

Hi Andreas and ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ,

I hope that is the right way to address you (this is the first time I
use cut'n'paste with UTF-8 proper, plus I can barely decipher cyrillic).

* ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ wrote on Thu, Jan 13, 2005
at 01:48:06PM CET:

Am I right, that there is no way to pass additional linker flags when
doing partial linking?

Yes, as of now.  Consider it a bug.

Is partial linking a documented libtool feature? If not, how can failure to support partial linking be considered a bug?

Unless libtool can portably support a feature, or there at least can be a fallback to producing software that runs, then it should not be supported as a libtool feature.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden