Re: What might be wrong with my configury?

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: What might be wrong with my configury?
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:51:08 -0800

On Sunday 16 January 2005 02:56 pm, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 01:31:59PM -0800, Bruce Korb wrote:
> > >         libopts.so.9 => /local/lib/libopts.so.9 (0x40018000)
>
> `/usr' symlinks to `/' (or `.')?

No.  /usr/local is usurped by the OS too often, so I have my own separately
mounted /local partition that survives new OS installs.  :)  /local/lib is
registered with ldconfig.

> > ** OOPS ** this is the _installed_ libopts, not the one I just built!!!
> > Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /home/bkorb/ag/ag/autoopts/.libs
> > gets around the problem, but that should not be necessary....
>
> That's `fast install' at work; by default, libtool points DT_RPATH to the
> installation directory.  That way, users need not relink at install time.

A new feature, I guess.  I confess to being very lazy about reading and
understanding all the new features of upgraded tools.  Until I get bitten.
Thank you.  I'll just disable fast install for my test builds.  I assume that
that choice will *not* propagate to a released source tarball.

Thanks for the pointers!  Regards, Bruce