Re: shared library creation versus custom gcc specs file

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: shared library creation versus custom gcc specs file
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:32:34 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Chris McCraw wrote:
this works great, except when creating shared libraries with libtool.
for some reason, probably a good one but in this case ill-fated, when
libtool links a shared a library, it ignores my $CFLAGS, wherein i point
gcc to a custom specs file which contains my -R / -L directives.  i remedy
the situation by hacking the libtool script to include
"-specs /path/to/my/specsfile" after both occurrences of "-shared", which
works fine.

Linker options are supposed to be passed via LDFLAGS rather than CFLAGS. I don't believe that libtool knows anything about a -specs option. It does know about -L and -R options passed on the libtool command line. It seems likely that -Wl,-specs,/path/to/my/specsfile will work.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden