Re: Bug in libtoolize

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: Bug in libtoolize
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:43:00 +0900

Brian Barrett wrote:

Could libtoolize just use 'cp -f -p' instead of 'cp -f' when copying the files and leave the timestamps as they are in the original libltdl directory? I admit to not understanding all the details, but that was enough to clear up the problem for me (as one would expect - the installed sources of libltdl should be setup correctly...). Seems much easier than any of the other options.

I'm just googling cp -p portability actually, on first inspection it seems like this is a no-brainer. I'll google some more to find out why we're wrong :)

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman - http://www.pogma.com