Re: Path funkiness in executable shell wrapper scripts

From: Albert Chin
Subject: Re: Path funkiness in executable shell wrapper scripts
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:52:52 -0600

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 12:40:23AM -0600, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Albert Chin wrote:
>
> >Just build ImageMagick-6.1.9 which uses a single Makefile for
> >subdirectory builds (rather than a Makefile per directory). Some of
> >the tests fail because the wrapper script created by libtool doesn't
> >set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the correct path to find shared libraries. As
> >an example, the $(top_builddir)/Magick++/tests/exceptions script looks
> >like this:
>
> I am pretty sure that I fixed this in development libtool 2.0 and
> HEAD:
>
> 2004-11-27  Bob Friesenhahn  <address@hidden>
>
>         * config/ltmain.m4sh: Add fully-qualified paths to temp_rpath
>         rather than unqualified paths in order to avoid possible errors
>         when computing the fully-qualified path later.

Thanks. This fixed it. However, I see two problems with the code in
the 2.0 branch:
  1. A `:' is the first character in LD_LIBRARY_PATH. On some systems,
     this means use the current directory.
  2. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable ends without separating temp_rpath
     with a `:' from `LD_LIBRARY_PATH'.

I'm hoping I didn't backport the patch to our 1.5 branch wrong.

--
albert chin (address@hidden)