Re: recommended libtool 1.5.x release

From: Bruce
Subject: Re: recommended libtool 1.5.x release
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:21:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again, Ralf,

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> 1.5.10 does not have this particular regression, but you /might/ hit
> other unrelated Solaris problems since fixed in Libtool which are not
> regressions IIRC.
>
> We had actually hoped not having to release another 1.5.x version, but 2.0
> still has a couple of open issues.  If we were to release another 1.5.x,
> there are still a few minor open issues we (I for one) would like
> another look at beforehand.

I am about to release another sharutils and another autogen.
I think I would be disinclined to use the first libtool 2.x out the gate.
So, that narrows it to 1.5.2 thru 1.5.10, or else 1.5.15 (if you
have the bandwidth to do it soon).  I think I'd be happy with 1.5.2,
unless you-all suggest a more current version.

Thank you for your assistance!!

Regards, Bruce