Re: FYI: PGI patches

From: Markus Christen
Subject: Re: FYI: PGI patches
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 08:07:49 +0200

hi ralf, everybody

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
I have checked in enhanced support for PGI compilers as below, to
Libtool CVS HEAD.  Because it adds a `prelink_cmds' interface for
template object compilation to libtool, I regard it as "HEAD only"
for now.  Given that it proves stable (useful also for other compilers
would be a goodie), a backport might be ok.

cool. checked out HEAD and installed it.
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
automake (GNU automake) 1.9.3

but when configuring, i get the
'conftest is a directory' error.

somebody else had the same problem:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2001-11/msg00046.html
but i cannot find any reply.

it might well be that i am doing something wrong with configure.in ...

any ideas?

well, actually looking at the output, it's clear what's going on:

checking if pgCC --one_instantiation_per_object static flag  works... yes
checking if pgCC --one_instantiation_per_object supports -c -o file.o... rmdir: `conftest': Directory not empty
rm: cannot remove `conftest': Is a directory
yes

but: how to change?

cheers
markus