Re: FYI: PGI patches

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: FYI: PGI patches
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 08:47:15 +0200

* Markus Christen wrote on Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 08:07:49AM CEST:
> Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> >I have checked in enhanced support for PGI compilers as below, to
> >Libtool CVS HEAD.  Because it adds a `prelink_cmds' interface for
> >template object compilation to libtool, I regard it as "HEAD only"
> >for now.  Given that it proves stable (useful also for other compilers
> >would be a goodie), a backport might be ok.
>
> cool. checked out HEAD and installed it.
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
> automake (GNU automake) 1.9.3
>
> but when configuring, i get the
> 'conftest is a directory' error.
*snip*
> checking if pgCC --one_instantiation_per_object static flag  works... yes
> checking if pgCC --one_instantiation_per_object supports -c -o file.o...
> rmdir: `conftest': Directory not empty
> rm: cannot remove `conftest': Is a directory
> yes

Weird.  My patch includes a change to _LT_COMPILER_C_O to fix exactly
this problem.  Did you run
  ./bootstrap
after the initial CVS checkout?  If not, maybe you have a mix of old and
new libtool macros now.  Please try again from a clean checkout.

README.alpha contains more information for unreleased CVS versions.

Regards,